Build your Tribe of Successful Build Your Tribe of Woman
Build Your Tribe of Woman
Behind Every Successful Woman is herself and her Tribe of Other Successful Women who have her back
Do we support other women, friends, family, or co-workers, in their journey towards success, or are we jealous and malicious and seek to tear them down? Do we gossip or belittle them and strive to impugn their character? Or do we look for the good and seek out ways we can support and promote them in their journey? Do we celebrate their success with them? Are we a part of a sisterhood tribe?
Who is your tribe? Who are the successful women in your life, who are your mentors, your idols? Who are the visionaries you admire? Study them, interview them, learn from them so you don’t make the same mistakes.
Who do you trust, who always has your back, and is there to support and uplift you? Who is there for you when you are at your lowest? Who can you always count on? Who will truly be happy for you and your successes? They are your tribe – so spend time nurturing and developing those relationships and avoid jealous, gossipy, backbiting, small-minded women.
When building your tribe be sure to always contribute something of value, give more than what you get, be sincere and trustworthy, have integrity. Be honest and open, be vulnerable, listen to constructive criticism, be open to suggestions, take everything with a grain of salt, listen to your intuition. If something sounds too good to be true it probably is. Set realistic expectations so you are not disappointed in yourself or others. Know who you can count on and be someone you can count on. If you commit, then follow-through.
Say yes to help. Engage volunteers who are reliable and dedicated. Start slow, take baby steps towards your goal so you don’t get burned out. Learn to enjoy the process and the journey. Whenever I set a long-term goal I tell myself this: a year or two or three is coming to come and go and I can be that much further ahead, or I can be behind still wishing I were doing something to move my life, my business, and my goals forward.
Have fun and make sure that whatever you are pursuing is truly your passion and purpose in life. Because if you enjoy what you are doing you will never work a day in your life, you will greet each day with eagerness, energy, and purpose.
Gather together at least once a month if not more to share in the beautiful healing and nourishment that comes from being with each other. Take time for yourself and engage in activities with other women, such as a book club, dinner-club, athletic activities, or simply going to dinner and a movie. We need time to share our stories with other women and to receive their support and encouragement.
5 Reasons why it’s important to have a Tribe of supportive women in our lives?
- Women understand – To share the thoughts and feelings of your honest, authentic self is one of the best benefits of sisterhood. A tribe or sisterhood is a safe space to share and heal, especially useful when it feels like the world is against you. To call another woman a sister is to say, “I trust you”, “I have your back”, “Your feelings are valid”, and “I believe in you.”
- A Tribe is empowering.A female must know, love, and honor herself before she can know love, and honor a friend. When women are empowered, the entire community is empowered. Together as women we can change the world and start by changing our environment.
- Women share secrets.You have to be a sister in the Tribe to know each other’s secrets and special talents.
- Mentoring is an important part of the Tribe. The tribe must be diverse in order to grow and continue positive social change. Our daughters should be groomed to be empowered superwomen sisters from birth. We all have the capacity to promote justice, love, peace, gender, and racial equality.
- Sharing our Gifts. Our sisterhood is our tribe and each of us is gifted with something unique, our own knowledge, skillsets, and experiences, which assist us in our mission. Our tribe is a diverse sisterhood exemplified in the many ages, shapes, colors, and textures of our physical selves. Within our Tribe, we can create and manifest a reality of empowered femininity within our communities and far beyond our borders.
I invite you to join the Hello Beautiful Ladies Website which is all about empowering women, promoting women, helping women be successful, helping women in distress out of bad environments, encouraging personal growth, promoting sisterhood, guiding women towards their purpose, and encouraging independence. If you believe in this cause, I invite you to like the Facebook page, to follow the Facebook page and most importantly to share the Facebook page with other women who can use the FREE information on the site to empower themselves and create change in their lives. Sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter full of success strategies and empowerment tips.
Success Strategies by Andrea Swensen, CEO SuccessStrategies4U.com and HelloBeautifulLadies.com, Author, Award Winning International Speaker, Sales & Success Strategist.